A guarantee of excellence in tourism
What is the ‘Station Classée de Tourisme’ label? It’s a demanding label.
Obtained by decree, the classification of a tourist resort is valid for 12 years and requires compliance with some fifty criteria:
- tourist accommodation of varied nature and category,
- cultural creations and events,
- physical and sporting activities,
- professional know-how,
- local shops and adapted care structures,
- a local town planning plan,
- a sanitation zoning plan,
- environmental actions, beautification of the living environment, conservation of sites and monuments, public hygiene and waste treatment,
- tourist information in several languages on tourist activities and places,
- transport infrastructure,
- equipment maintenance and safety,
- signage for its Tourist Office and its main places of tourist interest.